Skip to main content

Four Nigerian students declared wanted in Canada for $2 million online romance scam


Hope 17, 2020
Four Nigerian students based in Canada, Kelvin Awani, 24, Jonah Eigbuluese, 22, Joshua Ometie, 25 and Clinton Newton, 27, are wanted by Canadian police authorities after they allegedly defrauded victims of over $2 million through online romance scams over the past two years.
Federal RCMP officers issued the arrest warrant after police investigation linking the Nigerian students who live in Regina, Canada, to over 50 Canadian bank accounts. Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan, Canada.
The police found the identities of the boys after lots of surveillance operations and numerous interviews which led to the arrest of Austin Newton, 28, while the other four young men are still at large but police believe they are still in Canada. Austin is to make his next appearance at Regina provincial court on April 21.
According to the Canadian police, they were surprised by how dedicated the alleged scammers were to defrauding their victims as they showed so much patience and made their victims fall in love with them.
“Police determined the five individuals have ties to what is believed to be a larger international criminal organization involved in the long-term running of online romance scams,” said the Saskatchewan RCMP in a press release on Friday.
According to the Saskatchewan RCMP anyone who knew the location of the alleged scammers should contact RCMP at (306) 310-7267.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OBi Cubana Clears The Air On Those criticizing Him And Calling Him Ritualist

  Obi Cubana Has This to Say About His Critics    "I want to state this clearly, I am not the talking type or Social media interest-free person" "Many have questioned the type of boys and friends I have, to me, I hardly address anyone as my boy because we are all boys to God Almighty.  I don't have any boy who is into rituals, if you are my boy or my man because I like to address my boys as my men, it means you are working hard and you purely made your money.  In 2013, I pushed 53 uneducated Oba boys into the market to learn to trade. In 2017, I withdrew all of them from their Ogas and settled all of them with 3million Naira each and paid for their shops.  I linked 40 of them into importation and made them use my name and platform to import goods into the country. After two years, I checked on them how they were doing and find out some had issues and I supported them again to stand.  I am happy today that out of the 53 men, 38 are billionaires while th...

From A Lawyer To A Vampire Woman In Mexico

Hope Apr 23, 2020 Maria Jose Cristerna's tattooed skin, body piercings and transformations make her look stunning, even to a person familiar with extreme body modifications. She is famous and a regular on television shows and events. The simplest thing that might involve going out, like taking out the garbage or going to the farmer’s market, can become quite an ordeal. She never goes anywhere unnoticed; people ask her continuously if she really is the “Vampire Woman”. She becomes the center of attention be it in a supermarket or in a concert. She seldom picks up her kids from school herself because she is immediately accosted by crowds of parents and students. She tells me with a big laugh that her “friends and family jokingly refuse to go to the movies with her because people will come up non-stop asking for autographs or to have their picture taken with her and there is no way to enjoy a movie like that….” She is kind and very patient with everybody but she prefers the int...

Minister of Health reveals drug used to treat COVID19 patients in Nigeria

Dr Osagie Ehanire, Nigeria's Minister of Health, has disclosed the drug used to treat COVID-19 patients in Nigeria. Addressing members of the House of Representatives today Tuesday May 5, Ehanire said Remdesivir is being used to treat patients with the virus. “We have been using that (Remdesivir); we have tried that in Lagos too. So, we have tried the antiretroviral drug to see what effect it has” he said The Minister said the drug which was originally developed as a potential treatment for Ebola, is one of the options which Nigeria has adopted for in treating COVID-19 patients. Remdesivir was tested in 1,063 hospitalized Coronavirus patients around the world and has proven to reduce the time it takes patients to recover by 31%. 11 days on average versus 15 days for those just given usual care.